March 16, 2020
The Housing Authority of Grays Harbor County and Coast Real Estate is committed to doing everything we can to ensure the health and well-being of our residents. We want to keep you informed about our response to the novel coronavirus known as COVID-19.
We are following all recommendations from the CDC and the Washington State Department of Health. We are taking extra measures to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, starting with frequent sanitation of common areas in our buildings, and closing our offices to the public until further notice. Our staff will be available by phone, email or fax. Please know that your calls and emails are important and we will respond as soon as possible.
The following actions are designed to help keep our residents, staff, partners and communities safe:
Staying home if ill
- We have instructed all staff who are ill, or have an ill family member, not to come to work until they have been symptom-free for at least three days.
- We are reducing person-to-person contact by asking staff whose jobs enable them to perform their work online from home to do so
- We are postponing non-essential meetings and encouraging staff to conduct meetings as much as possible by telephone or online
- We are asking residents to contact staff by phone, email or fax
- We will clean common areas of buildings at least daily, sanitizing door handles, railings, bathrooms, elevator buttons and other frequently touched surfaces.
- Emergency Work Orders: Maintenance will respond to all emergency work orders that affect the health and safety of residents or could result in property damage, especially if it would make the building unhabitable.
- Routine work orders will not be completed at this time to reduce the person-to-person contact.
- Please continue to call in your work orders to your property manager so that we can decide if it’s an emergency or routine work order.
- We are engaged with our community partners to advocate for our resident’s needs. We will share any information from our partners as the response changes.
- We will update our website for COVID-19 information and to keep you updated on operational changes. https://www.housinggraysharbor.org/
- Follow us on Facebook for updates
We know the COVID-19 virus is causing great concern and want you to know that we share that concern. We are taking the situation very seriously and are closely monitoring all developments related to the virus. We will adjust our operations further as needed and will keep you informed of any additional changes we may make to protect our residents.
Jerry Raines, Executive Director
Important Websites Related to COVID-19
- Grays Harbor Public Health and Social Services
- Washington State Department of Health – 1-800-525-0127 – Press #
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention